Cradle of Humankind and Sterkfontein Caves Tour
- Visit the origins of mankind
- Explore a cave
- Interactive museum
Visit the Sterkfontein Caves the home of Mrs Ples and little foot, both said to be the best and oldest examples of Australopithecus africanus which is said to be a distant relative of all humankind. walk down the many steps into the chilly cave and see how Dr Robert Broom and his team worked to discover and uncover these fascinating fossils.
Take note it is 119 steps down and 115 steps back up and cave temperature is at 18″ celsius.
Some tight spaces are encountered at the end and caution should be taken if claustrophobic spaces are 1m x 1.5m at times otherwise caves are big and roomy
|Self drive price per person Single traveller||2 – 3 People price per person||4 – 7 People price per person||8 – 13 People price per person||14 -17 People price per person||18+ People price per person|
|R 500,00||R 2350,00||R 1600,00||R 1500,00||R 1400,00||R 1300,00|
- Transport to Maropeng and Sterkfontein caves from Johannesburg (Return)
- From Pretoria a surcharge of R400 is added to the total
- Entrance and tour of Maropeng and Sterkfontein caves
- All prices exclude,lunch, beverages and gratuities unless otherwise stated
- All tours Subject to availability
- All tours available with Italian speaking guide